DOMOTEX USA Growth Sessions
DOMOTEX USA Growth Sessions will offer flooring professionals proven strategies and precise, actionable insights to maximize success in today’s intensely competitive retail environment.
No other industry event has assembled an education series as focused and precisely tailored to deliver as much return on investment as the Growth Sessions by DOMOTEX USA.
Who Should Attend
- General Managers
- Sales Managers
- Marketing Personnel
- Office Managers
- Anyone interested in learning how to harness the current state of the internet to grow their flooring business
Digital Growth Sessions - Presented by FloorForce
The Digital Playbook for 2019
Thursday, February 28 | 8:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m.
The Digital Playbook for 2019 was designed to give the attendee a clear and thorough understanding of the ever-changing digital landscape and give step by step advice on leveraging your existing flooring business to win digitally. Learn insights from industry and technology experts with hands-on experience successfully developing and executing digital programs for thousands of floorcovering retailers each and every day.
Attendees will learn (among other things):
- What the data from 5 million flooring shoppers says is really happening in the flooring marketplace.
- Why success in 2019 will be very different from 2018.
- How to choose the right manufacturers, technology partners and staff for success as the industry goes digital.
The Digital Playbook for 2019 will expand your knowledge and help you connect the dots between where your business is today and where you want it to be tomorrow.
Act 1 - Digital Marketing Won… Now It's Your Turn
Presented by John Weller, Co-founder, Chief Innovation Officer of FloorForce/FlooringStores.com
- Understanding What Is Really Going on Online
- Your Mindset, Not Your Competitors, Will Make You or Break You in 2019
- How to Successfully Keep Your Flooring Store Open 24/7
- Building Brand Equity So You Can One Day Retire or Sell
- Picking the Right Team (Manufacturers, Technology Partners, Staff) To Crush 2019
Act 2 - Googler Explains Advertising Flooring on Google
Presented by Todd Saunders, Founder and CEO of Adhawk/FlooringStores.com
- From Google To Flooring Stores - Working at Google, Why I Left & Am Now Focused on The Flooring Industry
- Finding Your Audience - Understanding & Connecting with Your Audience Through Digital Channels
- Filling Your Sale Pipeline - Leveraging Your Data into Leads
Act 3 - The Short-Term Pain, For Long-Term Gain
Presented by Jason Goldberg, Founder - Retail Lead Management / CEO - America's Floor Source
- From 0 to 100 Million - My Story
- Why I Built a Technology Company While Running a 100 Million Dollar Flooring Company
- Getting Your Employees Goals to Align with Yours
- The Before and After of Using a Customer Relationship Management System
Branding and Marketing Growth Sessions
Go to Market to Win
Friday, March 1 | 8:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m.
Retailers often ask:
“Is it possible to be competitive with Amazon or the Big Boxes?”
“How can I stand out and build a loyal customer following?”
"What can be my best marketing strategy to win?”
We all compete in a brand-saturated marketplace, so to sell effectively against intense competition, floor covering retailers must become masters of brand strategy and all that entails. Go to Market to Win will engage attendees in learning the secrets from top brand experts in the field of marketing. Sessions will explore the future of floor covering retail in light of today’s customer expectations, digital trends and best-in-class customer experiences; how to differentiate from the competition through the use of tools and techniques for floor covering retailers, and examples of how successful retailers win in the marketplace and how you can, too.
Go to Market to Win will give you the keys to driving your store brand, share the secrets to compete effectively with much larger competitors, and give ideas and techniques to ramp up your marketing through a strong brand ... yours.
Part 1 - Retail Trends: Finding the Edge to Win
Presented by Alberto Brea, Founder and Chief Growth Strategist of REACT
- What is your ‘burning platform’? The four customer expectations you must know to win in The Age Of The Customer.
- How do we apply these expectations to attract flooring customers?
- What are the retail case studies that conquered “intense competition"?
- If we can buy flooring like we buy other products on Amazon? What an Amazon's offerings look like?
Part 2 - Retail Brand Leadership
Presented by Derrick Daye, Managing Partner, Brand Strategist and Educator at The Blake Project
- Competing To Win: The New Requirements
- Building Brands Of Distinction: Shifting From Easy-To-Compare to Beyond Compare
- Growing Your Advantage: Activate And Accelerate
Part 3 - Retail Brand Building Starts on the Inside
Presented by Ashley Konson, President of Global Brand Leaders Inc.
Growth Sessions Registration
Digital + Branding and Marketing Growth Sessions package (save $50) | $250 until January 31st
Thursday-only Digital Growth Sessions: The Digital Playbook for 2019 | $150 until January 31st
Friday-only Branding and Marketing Growth Sessions: Go to Market to Win | $150 until January 31st
DOMOTEX USA Breakout Sessions
Special Interest Breakout Sessions
NWFA Session: Color Trends in Hardwood Floors*
Thursday, February 28 | 1:00 p.m. – 2:30 p.m.
$50.00 until January 31st/$65 after January 31st
Long gone are the days of a flat “brown” floor. Homeowners and building owners are seeking new ways to create beautiful interior aesthetics starting with the floors. This session will highlight some of the historic trends around hardwood floors and a glimpse into upcoming processes and trends. In addition to discussing color, we will also cover textures, like wire brushing, and techniques, like water popping, as a way to create a unique, customize floor.
*Attendance at both NWFA sessions will result in 1 NWFA CCU.
DESIGN IS A JOURNEY: Designer Trend Panel Discussion & Lunch
Hosted by Emily Morrow Home
Friday, March 1 | 11:30 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
$45 until January 31st/$60 after January 31st
Join a panel of leading interior designers from across the nation in discussing their individual design journey. How are they inspired? What macrotrends are in the forecast? What impact does flooring make in the design process? How are the hottest design trends invading flooring?
Come away from the event refreshed, invigorated, and inspired to better serve your customers. The event is hosted by Emily Morrow Finkell, interior designer and founder of Emily Morrow Home luxury hardwood flooring. Emily will discuss how her own design perspective is evolving after a trip to Africa to witness the great wildebeest migration.
Enjoy a delicious lunch, comfortable seating, and great discussion. See you there!
NWFA Session: Addressing the Labor Shortage*
Friday, March 1 | 2:30 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.
$50 until January 31st/$65 after January 31st
Is there really a Shortage? And how much of a Crisis is it?
This course, presented by the NWFA (Brett Miller) takes a look at the shortage of incoming labor the trades are facing, what it means for all segments of the wood flooring industry (including manufacturers, distributors, retailers, and installers), and some of the ways our industry is taking on the issues.
*Attendance at both NWFA sessions will result in 1 NWFA CCU.
DOMOTEX USA Insider Talks
Free, on-floor education for all attendees
Insider Talks are designed to ensure that all attendees experience the unique and distinguishing value of DOMOTEX USA. Insider Talks deliver perspectives, advice and teachings gathered from deep industry data and some of the industry’s top thought leaders without you ever leaving the show floor. Insider Talks are from 20 to 30 minutes in duration and are held throughout the afternoons of Thursday, February 28 and Friday, March 1 and during the morning of Saturday, March 2. The Insider Talks will be held on the Plaza stage, centrally located on the show floor. Each talk will feature speakers and topics that will add value and actionable insights that are sure to enhance your meetings with the array of exclusive manufacturers attending the first ever DOMOTEX USA.
Schedule to be published soon.